Hiya, Scout designs stunning brand identities and print materials, builds responsive, hand-crafted websites, and empowers people to create enriching online communities. Through bold graphic design solutions, authentic writing and best practice–following print and digital implementation, Hiya, Scout helps individuals, organizations and businesses attract customers and clients who are aligned with their core missions.
We are seeking a freelance United States–based web developer to supplement Hiya, Scout projects for a variable workload (5-20 hours a month). Ideal candidates will have the following experience and attributes:
- Experience building and operating WordPress plugins;
- A keen grasp of responsive layout coding, and the ability to convert any design into best-practices CSS;
- Experience and knowledge in accessibility and anti-racism best practices;
- Comfort in cPanel, Git and command line environments;
- Expertise in building WordPress themes, including proven expertise in Full-Site Editing and Block themes;
- Practice (as an employee or manager) collaborating with diverse groups of people, communicating boundaries and availability, working proactively, managing expectations and following through.
Various responsibilities that may arise include:
- Building WordPress themes from mockups & plugins;
- Working creatively to make designs responsive;
- Working with APIs/webhooks;
- Updating old themes to FSE themes;
- Diagnosing problems;
- Cleaning up code;
- Suggest and facilitate innovations around development best practices.
Applicants ought to send whatever materials you wish to hiya at hiyascout dot com.